Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Early bird gets the chatterbox

Up today at 5:30 a.m. Realized I had a sexy dream featuring me and my husband. I was savoring the morsels in my brain, blistful, when I hear thud, thud, thud down the stairs. Bathroom door swings open. "Good morning Mom! I had a good night's sleep," Lil' Type A (LTA) states proudly. Then she proceeds to narrate how she she's got to go potty, and then she's going to put make-up on and then she's going to play with her dolls and then...

Ugh! It is now 5:35 a.m.

Quickly I was forced from recollecting my sexy dream as a wife, to Momland. I am not even awake yet. This is my quiet time. I've usually got 15 - 20 minutes to myself in the AM before my husband joins me in our tiny bathroom to start his day.

But thank God, LTA was in a good mood. She kept herself entertained until I had a chance to embrace Momland and start my day.

As the morning wore on my memories of my sexy dream are harder to recollect. Instead my mind and mouth is filled with: "I've got to iron my clothes then LTA, you need to get dressed, eat breakfast then I've got to get Big Boy up and dressed, then we are leaving. So be ready. Eat your breakfast. Get your sweater and jacket, please. Get your milk. Let's go, let's go, we are going to be late."

And it's only 6:45 a.m.

2 comments:

Blonde Blogger said...

OMG, you leave the house at 6:45????

Sins in Suburbia said...

I actually leave around 7:00. Still too early!